I have been lucky enough to have a rich career in which I have had extensive experience of supporting and developing people to grow and to thrive. My career encompasses Learning and Development and Organisational Development at Manager level in The NHS, Coaching and advising clients in Employability skills in the Private sector as well as working with people who have health issues and disabilities and who were seeking to re-enter the workplace in the charitable sector.
I worked part time freelance as a training training consultant alongside my NHS work for a couple of years and went fully fledged as an independent in May 2017. I now coach and deliver training for organisations including the following
Training and Facilitation:
-West Midlands Leadership Academy (part of NHS England)
- Bham Women's and Children's NHS Trust
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Birmingham Community NHS Foundation Trust
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire
- As an Associate for Resilience and Brilliance, delivering Resilience programmes to Bham and Solihull, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire Local Authorities
The Frontline Charity, an organisation which trains Social Workers in radical leadership within Children's and Families Social Work
Genius Within, supporting people in the public and private sector who are neurodiverse, to be at their best and to work from their strengths within their organisations
University of Leicester, coaching senior Faculty as part of the Future Leaders Programme
A trained and qualified iLM Level 7 coach, with mediation skills training and a strong background in Clean Language, Systemic Modelling and in NLP, I particularly specialise in Clean Language, a precision questioning approach developed by David Grove. I am also in ongoing training as a Systemic Modelling Facilitator (Clean for Teams) and I help teams to collaborate more effectively, to work tohether at their best and to reduce drama and conflict.
Clean Language and Systemic Modelling
Supporting The Human Factors Faculty at Walsall Healthcare Trust to further enhance their medical simulations training with Clean Language questioning
Supporting Junior Doctors and registrars at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire to learn Clean Language Questions to enhance their practice
Running a Clean Language and Systemic modelling practice group to NHS staff both online anfd face to face for the last 12+ months
Supporting NHS BT (NHS Blood and Transplant) Specialist requester Nurses and Specialist Nurses in Organ Donation to enhance their communication toolkit with Clean Language questions and approaches taken from Systemic Modelling.
Part of a design and delivery team developing a pilot programme aimed at middle and senior NHS Managers across the West Midlands region, for West Midlands Leadership Academy (part of NHS England).
I designed, delivered and evaluated a Tailored Resilience Programme of three facilitated days, interspersed with three sessions of coaching. This evaluated extrenely well.
Additionally I delivered a series of 18 days of half day resilience workshops across the region in various NHS Trusts accross the West Mids. These were so succesful, more have been commissioned.
Appearances at conferences:
University of Leicester inaugural coaching conference - I was one of a panel of three external coaches who support the academic faculty with leadership coaching answering a Q and A to the coach faculty
World Health Innovation Summit, Blackpool 2018: Delivery of two Clean Language workshops to delegates over two days
Health Education England/West Midlands Leadership Academy, OD Toolkit Conference. Delivery of a session on Clean Language for Coaches
West Midlands OD Network Europe: Delivery of a session on Theory U and Clean Language
Other projects/delivery sessions
University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire: Working alongside a Consultant Anaesthetist who is also a Quality Improvement innovator, delivering session on using Clean language in Quality Improvement
Health Education England, West Midlands Leadership Academy: Regular, ongoing delivery on Clean Language for example Clean Language for Coaches
NHS Blood and Transplant: In year two of working with NHSBT to embed aspects of Clean Language and some Systemic Modelling tools, to support specialist requesters with difficult conversions and being at their best to do their work
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust: Various input including supporting members of the Learning and development Team in being in a great brain state, co- facilitating an away day for a Finance Team celebrating successes and identifying improvements. Ongoing delivery of Courageous Conversations training as part of a trust wide Leadership Programme
CIPD Group: An introduction to Clean Language to CIPD members
Keele University: Co facilitated with a Paediatric Consultant, a two part workshop on prejudice, stereotypes and boas as part of an Advanced Clinical Leadership Programme
- Co facilitating an online Clean Language training course to NHS and wider care professionals in various occupational areas from the UK, America and Canada
- Developing a community of practice to share clean language skills in the NHS and to encourage an exchange of ideas and best practice to notice the difference Clean Language makes
- Working with The NHS Blood and Transplant Service to teach specialist requesters clean language skills so that they can enhance their skills in sensitively having conversations related to requesting organ donation
- Supporting regional staff at Health Education England over two months with a range of half day offers designed to boost resilience and confidence through change, such as Mindfulness, Resilience, Laughter Yoga and bespoke coaching.
- Supporting on an ongoing basis, a major Birmingham Trust with their Leadership and Senior Leadership programme, delivering How to Have a Courageous Conversation and Making an Impact
- Leading a group of Triumvirate GP Practice managers, Practice Nurses and GP's through a leadership and change programme in which each practice worked on a real time change, shared tis and is due to celebrate the outcome of this in June 2017
- Managing a pool of coaches and ensuring they are supervised and had regular CPD
- Coaching NHS and wider Healthcare staff of up to senior level as part of an NHS regional coaching pool
- Delivered CPD and Peer supervison to a pool of coaches at a Birmingham Trust
- Delivering Clean Language tasters to a group of Public Health Consultants and to Strategic Partnership Leads (STP's)
- Delivering a Clean Language Workshop at a Health Education England Conference called The Power of Conversation
- Delivering Making an Impact to a major Birmingham NHS Trust
- Supporting an award winning CCG with a change programme over several months
- Working with a team of PA's supporting people who support Doctors in difficulty in managing boundaries and assertiveness
Jackie has a flexible style and particularly enjoys using innovative approaches such as Clean Language and Emergent Knowledge, Clean Space, constellation and NLP coaching techniques to help coachees to explore their beliefs and limitations at a level which is more likely to support action. Jackie also has a keen interest in Otto Scharmers Theory U.
Jackie has regularly supported people as they are developing new skills and behaviours whilst on leadership training through coaching, MBTI one to one feedback coaching sessions and in MBTI group sessions which are a part of the leadership programme. Jackie clocked up 50 coaching hours in 2016 including running an online coaching circle and face to face and online coaching.
Jackie holds the following qualifications/accreditations
CIPD Certificate in Training Practice
City and Guilds 7407 in Training
NLP Master Practitioner and Trainer
ILM Level 7 in executive coaching
OCR Diploma in Life coaching
OCR Certificate in Mediation Skills
MBTI Step 1 and 2 facilitator
Currently continuing advanced coach and team coaching training in Clean Language, symbolic modelling and systemic modelling with Marian Way, Caitlin Walker and Judy Rees.
Professional memberships and Insurance
Jackie is a CIPD Associate and is fully insured for practicing in all these areas.....